Image Map

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hello Lovelies and Power Standards!

Wow, wow, wow! I haven't posted in a long whiles so if you are still a follower... HOORAY!!! Like every other teacher, I was super busy with the end of year activities, assessments, and celebrations! My firsties are going to be second graders!
The last day of school was on Thursday with a teacher workday on Friday. I was back at another school yesterday for my district's Summer Math Academy! This is where our district has 3 full days of professional development concerning math to K-3 teachers and this year it's focused on common core! I was supposed to be an attendee but somehow I managed myself to be a PRESENTER of a class! Say whaaaat? Yes, I am presenting a class on one of our school program's website! I feel honored and just so cool to be presenting! :)
Fancy Schmancy Name Tag LOL!
I didn't present one of the classes yesterday, so I was able to attend another one and it was based on Power Standards. Is anyone familiar with Power Standards?
From what I heard {from this 2 hour class}, Power Standards are standards that your school "focuses" on. It seemed to me that these would be the "important" standards that your kiddos would NEED to know. HMMM!
I also heard about setting a school goal for all math assessments and reteaching/reassessing until our kiddos hit that goal! Wow!!! I will post more information as soon as I get it!
I'm excited and anxious for next year to start! I have so many ideas but not enough time.
I still have a TON of pictures from the end of the year {2 field trips, Mother's Day, etc.} that I need to post about... add that to my to-do list...
I also want to post about Whole Brain Teaching more... since they started a certification process... add that to my to-do list...
I hope everyone is safe and healthy! :) Enjoy the summer, ladies... I know I will! I start summer school on Friday... blah!!
Laters, baby... HAHAHA {sorry, had to throw that in... I'm on the last book of the trilogy!}

3 comments:

  1. Ahh! I finished all 3 books in 3 days:) Addicting! I want more! I've been saying "Later's, baby" in texts:) Pretty sure I may be in love with him! My sister and I were talking about how we hope they make a movie of them and who we want to play him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE whole brain teaching! My students love the "Class, class?" "Yes,yes". Whole brain teaching transformed my classroom this year. I am so excited to use it again next year! Enjoy your summer!

    Casey
    http://everyonesmilesnthesamelanguage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with the blog link up.
    http://wolfelicious.blogspot.com/p/tba.html


    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete