Image Map

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Currently {June}

Wooh! Only one day after it started and I am linking up! Thanks Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for setting up this awesome and fun linky party EVERY month! :)
Go check out her adorable MUSTACHE!

I seriously love her!!! She got me addicted to Birchbox and she is just so real and fun! I mean, she is wearing a tutu in her about me picture! How awesome is that???!!!
Well, here is my June Currently!
So obviously I am teaching summer school! This is a big deal in my district and new teachers {I just finished my second year} usually don't get hired for it. It is a NCLB summer school. I got hired as a math teacher last year for summer school and I LOVED it... Math was a "special" so the homeroom teachers get a prep so I had a class for 30 minutes and we just played fun math games! Seriously, I was getting paid to play math games with dice, cards, dominoes, and such!!! :)
Back Story: When I started my college, I wanted to teach middle school math so I took all of my math classes so I could be Highly Qualified... Once I was in the teaching program, I HAD TO intern in a first grade classroom and well, what can I say? It was like love at first sight!!! I loved the curriculum and the kids and the LOVE! Haha! 
Then, I never went back to middle school... ended up student teaching in first grade, got my first job in Kinder and then now in first!
Ok... so back to summer school... It's really fun and I get to practice something that I love: math and I get to work with other grades {K-6}! 
I want to do so many things for my classroom but I just need to find the time and motivation!! :)
I would love to travel but it's just tooooo expensive! I need to stop shopping and start saving! 
I gotta get back to work! Talk to ya'll laters! :)

5 comments:

  1. I hear you on how expensive traveling can be - especially with 4 kids lol! The furthest I can go seems to be the swimming pool three blocks over this year! Since you are teaching summer school, maybe you'd like the 4th of July freebie I just posted on my blog :) It's for math and involves dice!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog! I'm your newest follower!

    Shanyn

    coffeekidsandcompulsivelists.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through Farley and I'm your newest follower! I'm with you on wanting to go on a cruise... I wish I could go on! It sounds like you got yourself a pretty great summer gig ;) Hopefully you still get some time to relax outside of school!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog design! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am a new follower.

    April @ The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your newest follower thanks to Farley's linky party. Can't wait to explore your blog!
    Mel D
    Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

    ReplyDelete