Image Map

Saturday, July 28, 2012

B.R.I.T.E. Book {Student Organization Binder}

I decided {in April} that I wanted to have Organizational Binders for my students! That was way too late in the year to start so I decided to hold off and start the school year fresh with binders!
In May, I started working on everything that I would need for my binders!
First, I needed an acronym!!!
I wanted something that would match my Superstar Classroom Behavior Chart and I just love stars but there were SOOOO many that were S.T.A.R. Books and I wanted something special and new!!!
Well, what are stars? They are bright!!! Bright is a very hard word to make an acronym haha so I just changed up the spelling!!!
B.R.I.T.E.
Bringing Responsibility and Independence Today and Everyday!!! I LOVE IT!!! It took me a while to make up but it's original (to my knowledge)!
I even went to my principal and asked him his thoughts! He loved the idea and I asked if there would be any funds to cover the costs of the binders, zipper pouches, dividers, and the sheet protectors...
I never heard back from him... and I really don't feel like pursuing it since my first day back is on Tuesday and the kiddos first day will be on the 8th of August. 
I would rather have them all ready for the first day of school even if that means that I will have to purchase all the stuff :(
I hope I don't have that many kids in my class, LOL!
OMG... I just checked Infinite Campus and I have 29 KIDS!! AHHH 29!!!!
Ok, I just had a mini heart attack... I wonder if we are going to have another first grade class!!??? POP!
Back to the binders!!
I have made one and it looks AMAZING! I love it and I think my new firsties are going to love them!
I wrote all of my letters and explanations and then translated them into Spanish! Took forever!
Here are some pics!
I uploaded this pack on TN (TpT is not working for me). It is a PowerPoint file that is editable. You can put your name and room number on the cover. You might even put the students' names!
Here is the contents page of the pack:
I was going to use dividers but I can't splurge on that now so I will just be printing off my divider sheets  on cardstock and inserting them into sheet protectors. They are sturdy and I love them!! Here is a pic of the divider:
You can write when it's due! On mine, I put, " Due Friday!"
I also have a divider for their monthly behavior chart, weekly spelling lists, and monthly home projects. 
If you email me, I can make other dividers that you might need. I just made the ones I will be using but I am more than open for ideas!!!
The most AwEsOmE part of this pack are my First Grade Charts!!!
Check them out!!!
I have 3 pages of charts... this is the first page!
The charts include the alphabet, digraphs, long vowels, vowel teams, R-Controlled Vowels, Level 1 Dolch list, 2-D and 3-D shapes, and a 120's chart.
Wooh!! All that good stuff correlated to the Common Core!! :)
I will also be selling the chart pages separately, if you are interested!!! :) Click {HERE} to check them out on TN {again, TpT is not letting me upload!!! Grr....}
This binder is going to be awesome!!! 
I printed them out and they aren't as bright as I hoped!! I hope it's my printer but I will try to print them out at school when I go in next week!
In my pack, I have also included an explanation of the binder (the one that I will be using) and an editable one where you can write what you want about the binders!!! :)
I will be adding to this pack as soon as I get into my room! I have the labels that I need for the pockets and the zipper pouch! It just has to wait!!!
Click on the above images to check out the B.R.I.T.E. Organizational Binder pack or the link above to check out the resource chart pages!!! :)
I'm off to bed!!!! Good night!!
Laters!

6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable! I want your first graders when they come into second grade because they'll be so organized!!! ;-) I LOVE the charts and would LOVE if they could say "second grade" instead of first grade... Is that possible...??? :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Sandy!!!
      I just did a 2nd Grade STAR book (per request)! Here is the link: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Second-Grade-STAR-Book-Organizational-Binder
      I could also make the B.R.I.T.E. Book for second grade, if you're interested!!! :)
      Let me know!!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! While teaching second grade, a teammate created a SHARK book- Student Homework and Resource Keeper and I LOVED it. I loved it so much that I funded those books myself. All I can say is tax deduction. When I moved to first grade, it was decided as a team to create binders there as well and we could charge the parents for the cost of the books as a result. Our first grade binders are called BEACH books- Bring Everyday: Assignments, Communication, Homework. I love these binders and will always have them even if I have to fund them myself. Enjoy!
    Shibahn
    www.landoflearning.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week! Sounds like you've had a good summer. (Besides the cleaning you mentioned! ha!)
    Enjoy what's left!
    Michelle nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing your brite book, it's lovely!

    I'm your newest follower.

    Mrs.D Reading with Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete